Drop down menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

DIY Internal Windows - How much you save

You have to save the actual savings in two parts.
The first one your one-off saving when compared to offers by companies/tradies. When you do it yourself, it is you who controls the costs and primarily you save on labour.
On 3 windows in my unit (two bedroom windows and one living room balcony window with door) the one-off saving would be more than $4,000.


I calculate costs to be around $516 per window, so making a small reserve that would be $1,100 per two in 6mm thickness.

They would cost $2,500 otherwise (in 4.5 mm thickness) so 6mm would certainly cost even more.

Cost breakdown (approximately per window):

Acrylic sheet $350 - 6mm
Door track $79
Screws $20
Plasti cap profiles $15
Steel angle $25
Pine wood frame $27
TOTAL $516


That's over $1400 saving on two windows.

When I count in the large balcony window (hasn't been done yet), the overall saving is expected to be more than $4,000.

The second part of savings however should come later in the form of smaller energy bills. I can't say much about that now because it's almost summer again and so I will rather know more about heat insulation soon than cold.

I will be update this information as soon as I know more so stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment